Butiama is not your usual tourist intensive destination, making it ideal for one seeking quiet and peace for a week end getaway, a stopover en route to the Serengeti or Masai Mara or even for longer stays to learn about the culture of the Zanaki tribe and the life of Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere, the iconic figure in the history of Tanzania and Africa.
Activities within the proximity of the hotel, include
- Visits to the Mwalimu Nyerere heritage site,
- Mwalimu Nyerere National Museum,
- Trekking, mountain biking, visits to the market, visits to the village, learning local skills in pottery and spear shooting, fishing, sundowners, to mention but a few.
- for larger groups, we organize performances by local dance troupes, which include the famous snake dance from Mwanza.
- Being outside the Serengeti conservation area enables you to get that magical African safari experience at a much cheaper price.